Thursday, February 12, 2009

Too Close For Comfort!

Tonight in CASA training, we talked about Understanding Families. There were many facets to this subject but we started out with an activity where we thought for a moment about our own families and named a strength and a weakness. After we shared our thoughts, we examined the illustration above. We were asked to note 12 to 15 POSITIVE aspects of the household pictured. I'm certainly thankful for this experience because this is very similar to what I observed in my own home upon my return from training...I didn't make the comparison right away but as I was finally scraping the moldy bean soup out of the crock pot (it had been on the counter since SATURDAY) and cleaning up the cracker crumbs from Scott's night of cooking on MONDAY, it dawned on me that my house could be substituted for the one above!!
Granted, I don't smoke but my boobs are about as saggy...
I think I'll go to bed now and hope someone doesn't turn me in for neglect!

7 comments:

The blogging Bakers said...

That is a sweet picture. I definitely have those moments like that in the picture, substitute the cigarette for a diet coke or a brownie. And I got you beat on the saggy boobs:). Can't wait to see you soon!!!!!

Pini said...

Hey you! I finally found your blog! You kill me...this post is so funny! And what a cute family you have.

LaDawn said...

TJ...I'm thinking we need to get together for a little guitar hero soon...

Don and Kelley said...

I had no idea you had a blog1 What a wonderful family you have!

Jessica said...

I've got you and Jill both beat on the saggy part. Hilarious picture! Reminds me of my home sometimes.

Janet said...

Okay, clearly I have not had the CASA training because I am dying to know what the 12 - 15 positive things are. I could only come up with five.
1) they have a litter box.
2) the boy seems to like his dad, or the cable guy. Or maybe his dad is the cable guy, which would mean awesome channel packages.
3) the baby has been provided with plenty of snacks for TV watching.
4) somebody took a phone message and posted it on the fridge.
5) anyone who drops by will feel wonderful about their own home.

I hope you and your saggy boobs are feeling much, much better!

Leanne said...

I can't wait to see what new lesson we will all learn next but I came up with 3 things.

1. There is a bowl of fruit on the counter. That's healthy!
2. Let's be optimistic that while watching t.v. with her son, he points out the Nicoderm commerical and prompts a family discussion.
3. There are family photos displayed. Families are forever!

I can't wait to hear all about what you are learning!