Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve Eve...

Christmas Eve Eve was very eventful...

My Granny Opal is here from Tennessee so I got to go shopping with her. She pooped out on me after Wal-Mart though!! I got lots of last-minute shopping done and rushed home to make dinner for our Elders. It was Scott's night to cook, so he helped with the chopping of the steak & peppers for Fajitas. It was a priviledge to have the elders in our home. They taught the kids how to teach about the Restoration and then they practiced on me and Rance. They did a great job. I'm thankful for the Gospel in our family's life. And I'm thankful for the good example Elders Davenport & Savage are for our sons.
Rance loaded up the Elders and the twins for a ride in the ice. We had to convince the elders that they needed a ride home because they were having so much fun slipping around on the ice on their walk over to our house. Sophi and I worked on making more Christmas treats...chocolate covered peanut butter Ritz Bitz while Rance drove the twins to Franklin for a movie at the Baldridges. Since it was icy, Rance didn't want Chloe driving. He said the roads were excellent until they got into the Baldridges neighborhood...where they promptly slid off the road and down a 30 foot drainage ditch. Chloe bonked her head on the window and banged up her shoulder. Scott learned why it is important to have a seatbelt on...he didn't and slammed his head into the roof of the car. Luckily, no other injuries. I happened to call Rance's cell phone right as they landed. I realized I didn't have baking soda to make peanut brittle so I wanted him to pick some up on his way home. He answered by asking for a ride home, which I obliged. Now we're dealing with getting a car towed out of a ditch on Christmas Eve!! This is one that we'll not soon forget!

No comments: