Sunday, October 19, 2008

Palin Rally








Busy weekend...we left Greenwood around 1:30 on Friday afternoon to hear Sarah Palin speak at the Verizon Wireless Center. Scott & Olivia opted to stay at school...how did we raise such responsible children? They wanted to go with us but Scott had a test and one last cross country practice after school and Olivia didn't want to mess up her perfect attendance. Plus, she got to go with Don to a hayride that evening. Traffic was terrible once we got to Noblesville so that put us late getting into the venue. We had VIP tickets because Rance & I volunteered last week at Governor Daniels headquarters making phone calls asking for support of John McCain, Sarah Palin & My Man Mitch. I really enjoyed the experience. I had only one woman say she was voting for Obama and she actually apologized to me for it!! I just laughed with her! Anyway, we didn't get to sit in the VIP section--too full by the time we made it in but it turned out for the best since we had the kids with us. They had fun running around in the lawn section. We had fun posing for photos with many strangers because of our t-shirts. All in all, it was a good experience to attend a political rally...a first for all of us. It would be nice to hear politicians from both sides talk a little straighter though instead of all the political lines & jargon. I liked Governor Palin's speech but it would have been better if she could just TALK to us. Enough for now...GET OUT AND VOTE!!


6 comments:

Joanna said...

sorry we missed it! looks like fun!

The blogging Bakers said...

sounds like quite an adventure. I have never been to a political rally but doing this calling on Prop 8 has made me be more aware politically.

LaDawn said...

Jill--call me!! My temporary cell # is 7480-3712!

LaDawn said...

748-3712

Leanne said...

What an experience! I'm actually doing something tomorrow that I have never done. I am standing on a corner between the elementary and middle school holding up Prop 8 posters. This is the first election where I've ever felt that I could make a difference. 14 days to go!

Jessica said...

I love the shirts!!! I'm so bummed that I missed it. I just realized that I should have taken my baby. That wouldn't have been a big deal. What was I thinking?! LaDawn (and all you Californians) you have really inspired me during this election to become more aware of what's going on in our country. Way to go!! So, are you still going to your hairdresser?!